Sunday, June 12, 2011

Time Waster



I played Sins of a Solar Empire over the weekend.

SoaSE had 2 expansions stuck to the original and I grabbed both. I heard a new expansion was coming out sometime in a few months and it would include massive ships called Titans. It's already got starbases. Feels too much like EVE for me to ignore.

In short, SoaSE is a very, very big RTS in SPACE! The developers tagged it as a RT4X game, but it doesn't have enough 4X elements to really qualify. It's much more about fleetbuilding and genocide.

Incredibly, the game is very ,very long. I played a game with/against 9 AIs and it took 9 hours to finish on Normal difficulty. The games are hellishly long, owing to the scale and some realism. It's a magnificent time waster.

Regards, IVIilitarus

No comments:

Post a Comment