Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Like, Why?



Why does writer's block happen?

I mean, I had a stroke of genius. And nearly had a stroke, too, but mostly the genius, not the fatal kind. I'd suddenly plotted out the entire story end-to-end. I knew exactly where the characters would go, how the story ends, what happens to who. I even had a half other chapters plotted out, down to who would be doing what.

So why is it an hour after all of that, I slam into a wall and suddenly, can't put a single word down? I know exactly what's supposed to happen, so how can it all stop now? Moros' writer's block was justifiable. I had no story, I just had explosions and violence, but this time, I've got something that might work and I've still been screwed over.

Well, that felt better. Time to write.

Regards, IVIilitarus

No comments:

Post a Comment